This refers to sites and properties, where there is no Grid provided electricity, water or gas connections. A combination of renewable energy sources and green technologies, can be used to make a system, that can provide your specific electricity, heating, and water needs, all year round, and at the flick of a switch, just as if you were grid connected.
Systems can be designed that can make modern living possible, where grid connections are either prohibitively expensive, or unattainable.
“Off-Grid living to some is a necessity, however to many more it can be viewed as living the dream”
When we consider an off-grid home, we want to design a home with systems, that make it completely independent of any on-grid utilities. A home that is totally sustainable and completely self-sufficient. Not only is this a very green way to live, it is also a very cost-effective way to live. It is almost completely free of any running costs, with all energy and resources coming from completely renewable sources.
An Off-Grid home can include:
- Solar PV array
- Wind Turbine where effective
- Battery Bank
- A backup energy source such as an occasional LPG generator
- Charge Controller which manages the battery bank
- A Biomass heating & heat recovery central heating system
- Non grid water supply (purified rainwater / borehole water)
- Waste water management system
- Satellite WiFi
Off-Grid System Design
A well designed system is critical, to ensure that it meets the requirements of the household, or application concerned. If correctly designed your home, and its systems, will mean you can live with all the modern luxuries associated with an on-grid lifestyle.
We can help you decide on the mixture of technologies suited to your property and lifestyle, including how you heat your home and cook your food. Us and our specialist installers can analyse the electrical consumption of everything you plan to run on your system, to make sure you are able to produce and store all the energy you need, as well as making sure that the system is able to cope with high demand items. It is important to look at every device, how much electricity it uses, its peak load, how often it is used daily, and at different times of the year.
“A correctly designed off-grid home will mean you can live with all the modern luxuries associated with an on-grid lifestyle.”
From this data a complete system can be designed for your home, that best suits your needs and your budget, and enables you to live free of grid connected fuel, and other utilities.
- Remote locations of any kind
- Small holdings
- Rural new builds/ renovations with a prohibitively high cost of grid connection
- Generator powered locations and properties
- Areas of unreliable power with back-up electricity required
- On grid locations with a desire to be as grid independent and green as possible