Solar Thermal Water Heating Systems
Solar Thermal systems use the suns radiation, to produce a supplementary heating source, for a domestic hot water cylinder. A system is capable of producing enough hot water for you not to require the use of any additional water heating, usually from March right through until October. Even in the winter, a solar will still be producing enough heat to reduce your boiler or immersion heater requirement, to a fraction of its current amount.
A Solar Thermal system will greatly reduce your hot water heating costs, and is also included in the governments Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), which means you will also be paid money towards the cost of your system.
“No alternative water heating required outside of the central heating season, greatly increasing boiler life expectancy”
If a lot of your year-round energy expenses is going towards heating your water, then Solar Thermal is a great money saving solution for you. Most households still use a considerable amount of energy heating their domestic hot water, during the warmer months of the year, when central heating is not required. A Thermal system can completely eradicate the need to use your main boiler for this purpose, for three quarters of the year (reducing wear and tear and extending boiler life), and is very eco and bank account friendly.
Whilst not as popular as Solar PV installations, Solar Thermal is equally well established with millions of homes globally now using this technology to heat their hot water. It can also provide a financial return, from reductions in your energy bills, and no longer needing to pay to heat your water for most of the year. Also reduced boiler wear and tear, as well as from money you will receive from the Renewable Heat Incentive.
“An ideal companion to higher running high maintenance cost off-the-gas-grid heating systems”
- Reduce your carbon footprint dramatically
- Reduce your water heating bills
- Good return on investment
- Earn money for all the water heating power you produce from the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Low maintenance systems with a 20+ year life span
- Generates heat for your water system 365 days of the year
- Low cost, with a very worthwhile system costing under £4k
- Can save you more money that the cost of the finance to purchase it
- Perfect partner to heating systems in properties off the gas grid
- The perfect way to heat your outdoor swimming pool