A Biomass boiler is a carbon neutral alternative to your standard boiler. They operate in an almost identical user-friendly fashion, but they use organic material rather than gas or oil.
Biomass is a term for fuel made from organic material, (typically wood). It is widely available in user friendly pellet form, as well as in logs. Biomass is considered carbon neutral, as the fuel source (trees), have already offset the carbon output of burning it, through their absorption of carbon whilst growing. Biomass is a sustainable, renewable fuel source that releases a fraction of the CO2, compared to burning fossil fuels, such as gas or oil. Modern biomass boilers are also highly efficient, operating as efficiently as a modern gas boiler. This means not only lower carbon emissions, but also much lower particulate emissions.
Biomass is an environmentally friendly alternative boiler system, to propane or oil fueled boilers.
“Low cost carbon neutral fuel suitable for any property irrespective of insulation levels and radiator outputs”
An enormous amount of our current energy usage goes into heating domestic hot water, and running household central heating systems. A Biomass Boiler system is capable of effectively running your domestic central heating system, as well as heating your hot water, even in poorly insulated properties.
They operate in a user-friendly style, with all the functionality of a traditional heating system (timers, thermostatic controls etc). They can be connected up to your existing central heating system. And it can do all this whilst efficiently consuming a carbon neutral fuel.
If you are not on the gas network, and wish to use a more environmentally responsible fuel, biomass boilers are a great boiler choice for you.
“Wide variety of system types and styles to suit every home, lifestyle and budget”
Biomass Heating System Choices
We can arrange the installation of any boiler / system of your choice. However to make things easier for you, we have selected what we consider the best products available, for a variety of budgets, system needs, looks and types.
- Utility Pellet Boilers (efficiency and user friendly functionality, with large hoppers or suction fed systems, for the ‘fit and forget’ style of heating, with minimal owner interaction required).
- In-Room Pellet Boilers (In-room pellet stoves have aesthetic value, as well as efficiency and control-ability, without the hassle of logs, but will require regular owner interaction & hand filling).
- Log Boilers (aesthetically stunning natural fires, that can fully heat your home and hot water, with all the user friendly functionality, and efficiency of a regular boiler, when linked to a thermal store).
- High Efficiency Log Fires (aesthetically stunning natural fires, in many contemporary styles, with very high efficiency, and a gradual heat release. They can potentially comfortably heat an entire home, without the need for a wet heating circuit, if combined with a heat recovery system to distribute the heat).
“Modern efficient controllable heating with the beauty of a real flame”
The technology is now very advanced, efficient and increasingly affordable. Coupled with the government backed incentives, that are still available, a Biomass boiler installation will quickly pay for itself. Not just from reductions in your energy bills, but also from money you will receive from the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Reduce your water heating bills.
- Reduce your home central heating bills.
- Helps to support the local rural economy.
- Generates all the heat you need 365 days of the year.
- Earn money for all the water and central heating power you produce, from the Renewable Heat Incentive.
- Enables fully ‘off-grid’ eco property heating.